Friday 21 February 2014

More delays

So our slab has been sitting for more than two weeks! The SS calls on Thursday to tell me that the frames are not arriving until Monday, they were due Thursday the 20th but there is no one to put them up until next Tuesday 25 Feb. I'm happy for them to not be sitting around all weekend onsite. That's the good news. The roof is booked to go up on March 3.

The stressful news is that our loan has expired. We self funded our initial payment, and didn't need our loan until the frames are up! The lender phoned yesterday to tell me the situation, a week after the loan expired! To say I'm cranky would be an understatement. The loan was only on offer for 90 days - which we were never told.

So now we need to reapply! It took six week last time, if they hold us up another six weeks I will be really cranky. I think I will call them everyday next week. I have emailed our customer relations person but we also emailed the branch manager. We feel this is not good enough - if the loan was due to expire why didn't anyone let us know?

This was in the same week that I took my car to the mechanic for a service and new brakes, it had been booked in two weeks ago, and they had decided ( without letting me know) to be out all morning to see the demolition of the stack on Thursday! I'm still waiting on a call to let me know. I won't be returning to that mechanic.

As an update! Our loan was reapproved already on the Monday morning! So it's no hold up, just a pain having to resign everything etc! 

No comments:

Post a Comment